I had a very vivid and story-like nightmare last night.
I dreamt that I was driving with two of my youngest children. Traffic slowed to a stop. Civil unrest and pandemonium everywhere, on the streets and sidewalks.
I rolled down my window and asked what was going on?
“The banks are closing, and the ATMs won’t work!”
I immediately turned my truck around and headed to my bank, Wells Fargo. When I arrived, people were lined up in front of the bank, restless, panicked, and afraid. Nobody was prepared for the chaos; everyone just wanted to withdraw their cash. The police tried to control the crowd, but they too were concerned and worried about what looked like a financial collapse.
[In reality, I’m the well-informed type of guy. I’m like a watchman when it comes to political and financial news, but in my dream, I was taken by complete surprise like everyone else.]
I stayed at the bank for what seemed like hours, pounding desperately on the door, demanding our money. Finally, a manager poked her head out from behind the glass door, saying, “Sorry, we’re closed, there’s no money inside; please, please go home!”
I got back into my truck; my kids had fear and confusion written on their faces, saying,
“dad, please just take us home!”
Instead, I drove to our other bank, Umpqua. The manager was outside and politely speaking to the crowd. We all pleaded for our money, but she said, “There’s no money here.”
I stuck around until most of the crowd had dispersed. I asked the bank manager what’s really going on? All she knew was that she was ordered to close the bank.
I got into my truck, assured my kids that it would be alright, and started for home.
As I was waking, you know, that moment between dreaming and awakening, a thought scrolled across my mind, like a news chyron, during a televised breaking news event…
…The Feds Have Just Announced The Dollar Has Been Replaced With Federally Issued Digital Currency…
…Moments later, I heard Toni calling me down for breakfast.
I got up from bed, still sleepy, processing my dream, and wandered downstairs for a cup of coffee.
Toni was at the table, enjoying the breakfast just delivered to our beach cottage in Mendocino. I shared my dream with her and said it was an unusually realistic dream.
As a matter of fact; I had awakened a few times during the nightmare only to drift back asleep, stepping right back into the dream where I had left off! Typically my dreaming is abstract and meaningless, but not this dream, folks.
Several things come to mind…
- Our faith must be 100% in the Lord, and not in the world or in the world’s systems.
- We must get our finances and affairs in order. We must get out of debt and cease our dependence and addiction to credit.
- We must get our relationships with one another in order. We must not withhold forgiveness. We must become one people, one family, united in truth and faith.
- We must prepare for persecution and severe trials. (If I read any comments, “don’t worry, cause we’ll all be raptured,” please unfriend me).
- We need to walk in peace and confidence, being solidly in Lord now, or we won’t when calamity and pandemonium strike.
- This collapse will indeed arrive sooner than later, and without expectancy. Therefore, we must be prepared to shine brightly, holding forth the Word of Life.
- Belief in the empty tomb will strengthen you during the time of empty banks. “‘Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.'” Philippians 2: 14-16
The world is crooked and warped to this; there is no argument. To those who believe in the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, we must prepare ourselves to shine among them like stars in the sky. We can only do that if we have an unbreakable grip on the Word of Life — The resurrected life of Jesus Christ.
I’ll say it again; Belief in the empty tomb will strengthen you during the time of empty banks.
Encourage one another while the lights are still on. Darkness is coming. Your day of shining is fast approaching.